Based on a recipe by Soup Addict
- 1/3 cup adzuki beans (soaked in water overnight, and drained)
- 12 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom broth
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup lentils (I used black)
- 1 T. tamari
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- sea salt
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add adzuki beans. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots to a large pot and saute (I sautéed in small amount of broth) until vegetables are soft.
- Add mushrooms. Stir, cover, and cook mushrooms down (about 10 minutes).
- Add the tomato paste, vegetable broth, mushroom broth and lentils. Stir.
- Drain adzuki beans and add them to large pot.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season with tamari, lemon and sea salt.